I’m currently a little, teeny, tiny bit addicted to Instagram. I totally dig getting a glimpse, one snapshot at a time, into the lives of crafters and artists around the world. So addicted, in fact, that I think I’ll be making this amazing pillow by Hopscotch Lane (you can get the pattern yourself on Etsy for just $5) as soon as I get my couch out of storage…
photo by hopscotch lane
I think this is why I’m so jazzed to take the Creative Live “Instagram Marketing for Small Business” class starting tomorrow (June 9-11). While I’m admitting addictions: I’m also a bit addicted to Creative Live. The classes are great, and the chat during the live classes is pretty spectacular. In fact, the chat is where I found a lot of my new favorite instagrammers: fellow crafters sharing some serious creativity.
So, if I were you, I’d get on the Instagram bandwagon pretty soon. And whether you’re already a user or just starting out, I suggest you follow the 10 awesome instagrammers below:
- @fcollected – the feed of my bestie and Hi, Jenny Brown pattern photographer Erin of Folks Collected. Check out her retro-looking kid pics and hilarious commentary.
- @knithacker – not just because she featured my stop sign (thank you, thank you, thank you!), but because that feed contains all the knit (and crochet) hilarity, art, ingenuity, and geekitude a crafter can ask for.
- @lexibellaart –she had me at poolside spray art — in a bikini, of course. Great graffiti pics.
- @molliemakes – consistent crafty eye candy from across the pond. You may need a drool protector for your keyboard.
- @oleknyc– My love of infamous crochet artist Olek is nothing new, I know. Tons of amazing yarn-bombing and behind-the-scenes shot of her installations.
- @twinkiechan – I can never get enough Twinkie Chan, and her feed doesn’t disappoint. Food + crochet always equals goodness
- @yarnbombs – a cowboy-hat wearing crochet/knit artist who yarn bombs giant boulders in the mountain. The result is cooler than you can imagine.
- @trailandcompass – if an instagram account could infect you with wanderlust, this would be the one. Don’t forget to check out her beautiful jewelry pieces.
- @katiemontgomery – she’s a friend of a friend, but I’m not biased. I always want to be where she is, eat what she’s eating, and definitely drink all that wine.
- @tracyshutterbean – come for the avocado toast, stay for the black & white ensembles. (bonus points if you check out her feed while listening to the podcast she hosts with her baker buddy: the Joy the Baker Podcast)
Plus one extra:
@hijennybrown – Seriously, why don’t we hang out? Unless you want to shame me about the unreasonable number of ice cream cone pics I post – that’s not cool.